The Sycamore fall festival is an annual event held on the third weekend of September in Sycamore, Illinois. The festival attracts thousands of people and features food vendors, live music, a kids’ zone, a craft show, a car show, and a parade. The success of the festival is attributed to the hardworking volunteers who plan and organize the event. The festival is free to attend and is a significant economic boost for the town. Pets are not allowed at the festival, except for service animals. It is a fun and engaging event for people of all ages and interests.
Sycamore, a small town in Illinois, is known for its annual fall festival, a celebration that attracts thousands of people from far and wide. The festival, which is held on the third weekend of September, is a much-awaited event that incorporates different activities, food vendors and entertainment options. The festival’s success has been attributed to the hardworking volunteers who put together an exciting and engaging experience that appeals to people of all ages.
The Sycamore fall festival traces its roots back to 1962 when a group of volunteers got together to plan a daylong event that would be beneficial for local businesses. The first event was a huge success that attracted crowds of people. Over the years, the festival has grown bigger and better, with more activities and entertainment options added to the mix.
The Sycamore fall festival has something for everyone. From foodies to music lovers, there are plenty of exciting attractions to keep festival-goers entertained throughout the weekend. Some of the highlights of the festival include:
1. Food vendors – the festival attracts more than 50 food vendors, offering a variety of culinary delights from BBQ to tacos, hot dogs, pizza, and much more.
2. Live music – the festival’s main stage features live performances from local and regional musicians. Genres range from country, rock, and indie to soul and jazz.
3. Kids’ zone – this area is designed with younger attendees in mind and features carnival-style games, face painting, and bounce houses.
4. Craft show – the festival also hosts a large craft show where vendors showcase their crafts and arts.
5. Car show – The festival also hosts a car show where car enthusiasts can see their favorite cars on display.
6. Parade – The festival closes on Sunday with a grand parade that features local marching bands, floats, and dance groups.
The Sycamore fall festival has become a staple event in the town’s calendar and a must-attend event for many visitors. The success of the festival is attributed to the tight-knit community that comes together to plan and organize the event. Volunteers from different backgrounds invest their time, talent, and resources to ensure the festival is a success. They work tirelessly for months to plan the festival, coordinate with vendors, and make sure that everything runs smoothly during the event.
The festival is also a significant economic boost for the town, with visitors spending money on food, shopping, and accommodation. The event has helped put Sycamore on the map, attracting visitors from different parts of the country who come to enjoy the festivities.
1. What are the dates for the Sycamore fall festival?
The fall festival is held on the third weekend of September every year.
2. How do I become a vendor at the fall festival?
You can contact the Sycamore Chamber of Commerce for vendor application information.
3. How do I get to the fall festival?
Sycamore is located about 60 miles west of Chicago. You can get there by car or train.
4. Is there a fee to attend the fall festival?
No, admission to the festival is free.
5. Are pets allowed at the fall festival?
Pets are not allowed inside the festival grounds except for service animals.
In conclusion, the Sycamore fall festival is a celebration that brings people together from different parts of the country. The success of the festival is attributed to the hardworking volunteers who work tirelessly to make sure that everyone has a great time. From food vendors to live music and crafts, the festival has plenty of exciting attractions to keep attendees entertained and engaged throughout the weekend. If you are looking for a fun and engaging event to attend, mark your calendars for the Sycamore fall festival.